Throughout his career, David has actively balanced his professional pursuits with civic involvement. Over the years he has served in the following community organizations:
- Rutledge Youth Foundation’s Board of Directors
- Youth Philanthropists Steering Committee for the Sangamon County Community Foundation
- Finance Committee and the Board of Directors for the Habitat for Humanity of Sangamon County
- Advisory Council of Brother James Court
- Board of Directors for the Illinois Baptist State Association
- leadership of Delta Church
David is committed to the people and communities of Central Illinois. This can be seen continually through his current community involvement, and has been the case his entire life.