Join Benefits Coordinator, Melissa Coulter, on the Edwards Group team at the Walk to End Alzheimer’s September 24, 2016 at Springfield’s South Wind Park.
As a part of the team at Edwards Group, we help people everyday who have loved ones facing the challenges presented by Alzheimer’s or one of the other 70 forms of dementia. We are all too familiar with this disease and the stress it places on caregivers, family members and loved ones.
Did you know:
- more than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s?
- 1 in 3 seniors die from Alzheimer’s or another related dementia?
- Alzheimer’s kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined?
I have experienced this disease in my own family, and others on our Edwards Group team have been affected by this terrible disease. It is a matter dear to our hearts.
This year I chose to volunteer on the Alzheimer’s Association WALK committee to help bring greater awareness to the community. The Alzheimer’s Walk is the largest fundraiser of the year for the Alzheimer’s Association – a group that works tirelessly to eradicate the disease, help those who are touched by it, and increase brain health.
I’m sharing this with you because we’d like to welcome you to join our team at the Walk to End Alzheimer’s on September 24, 2016, at Springfield’s South Wind Park.
We walk to honor our own family members, but also those clients who currently have a loved one facing this very issue, or are struggling with some form of dementia themselves. We also walk with hope for the future — that our children and grandchildren will not be affected by this debilitating and deadly disease.
3 Ways to Get Involved and Spread the Word
1.Find out more. You, your family and friends are welcome to join us at South Wind Park for the New Team Kick-off event July 18 from 4-6 pm. Please RSVP to Tina Arnold via email if you will be joining us.
2. Start your own team. We welcome you to join the effort and help fight this terrible disease by starting a team in honor of a loved one. You can simply sign up here.
3. Join our team! To join the Edwards Group team and walk with us, click this link. Despite the serious cause for the walk, many teams have a really fun time during the walk.
I hope you will follow in our footsteps and join us for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s — together working towards a future without this terrible disease.
Please call me at 217-726-9200 or email me with any questions. I hope to see you at the walk!