Have you just lost a loved one?
On top of the grieving and loss, you have a lot of legal and financial details to deal with. Sometimes a lot of details. Where do you turn for help? We regularly work with families to address these challenges after losing a loved one. Here are examples of ways we help:
- For the deceased’s family we:
- Review and help interpret a Last Will & Testament or Trust left behind by the deceased.
- Help carry out the wishes stated in the trust, including transfers of assets, cashing in life insurance, and working with financial advisors and accountants.
- Handle any court probate that may be necessary to transfer the assets.
- Give objective advice about important financial decisions to be made.
- Assist family members in coming to a resolution regarding a family business or farm.
- For heirs of the deceased:
- Advise if they are confused or have concerns about how the estate is being handled by another family member.
- Help administer inheritance trusts required in the Will or Trust left by the deceased.
- Evaluate the impact of a coming inheritance on an heir’s income tax liability or college financial aid funding, and determine strategies to address them.
If your family is facing the loss of a loved one and facing the stress of legal and financial hurdles as a result, call us today at 217-726-9200. We will be happy to hear more about your situation and guide you in setting up an attorney appointment or telephone conference to see how we can help.