We know firsthand that one of the greatest concerns for seniors is the fear of outliving their savings. No one’s vision of retirement includes going into a nursing home. It’s not what you want for you or your spouse. But if it happens, your income and savings can be quickly drained until there is nothing left.
For the family who is not sure where to turn for helpful information about this topic – this is the place. Every week, sometimes every day, we help families facing the difficult issues surrounding nursing home care.
We are always ready to help a family facing a difficult, urgent situation. Give us a call at 217-726-9200 for a free 15-minute phone consultation if you already have someone in a nursing home.
However, we enjoy helping families plan ahead (sometimes years in advance) even more. With advance planning, we can protect more assets, provide more peace of mind, and better guide you in making choices. For more information, check out the following links:
- View a short video of attorney David Edwards explaining the types of nursing home planning that could help your family.
- If you already have a loved one in a nursing home.
- To learn more about protecting your savings from the drain of nursing home costs.
- If you are concerned about your parents’ financial resources or declining health.
- To sign up for our weekly e-newsletter with estate planning tips and workshop updates.
- To attend one of our free upcoming workshops: Avoid Nursing Home Poverty.