A non-profit organization or church needs legal counsel that understands their unique needs. David Edwards has regularly advised non-profit organizations over the years, addressing the unique needs of these organizations such as:
- Creating a new not-for-profit corporation.
- Effectively operating a new charity or ministry.
- Registering with the Illinois Attorney General as a charitable organization.
- Applying to the Internal Revenue Service for approval as a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organization.
- Drafting bylaws and considering corporate governance issues.
- Responding to church authority disputes.
- Dissolving charitable organizations.
- Helping an organization create an effective board of directors.
David Edwards regularly gets phone calls from church pastors or other ministry leaders with legal questions. Some of those questions are answered informally, for free, and others become a continuing attorney/client relationship. If you need help or have questions about your charity, ministry or church, call us today at (217) 726-9200. We would love to help your organization make a difference in the lives of others.