As an adult you will find yourself at some point caring for you aging parents. This change in your relationship can be a difficult task to cope with, but Edwards Group is here to help. While there are plenty of resources available, the problem is finding them. To start, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you the primary sibling who bears the burden of care for your parents?
- Do you feel that your parents’ finances are being handled properly?
- Do you think your parents should consider assisted living, but they refuse?
- Are you doing your best to respect your parents’ independence and wishes , but just feel overwhelmed by the responsibility?
- Do you feel like you and your siblings are kids again, bickering and driving each other nuts?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are not alone! 1 in 4 adult children over the age of 50 in America provide personal care to their aging parents. That’s over 10 million people, however it can still feel like a very lonely place to be. There are some great resources out there, like www.AgingCare.com, but it’s also nice to have someone with you every step of the way.
At Edwards Group, we are here to help families navigate this journey of caring for aging parents. From helping to you make decisions, planning, documents, even helping families work out the hard to discuss details that are involved with aging parents. Most people deal with these issues once or twice in a lifetime, meanwhile Edwards Group deals with them daily.
Our Elder Care Advisors help families with these issues every day. Let us help you. Just give us a call at (217) 726-9200 and ask to speak with an Elder Care Advisor today. You don’t have to be on this journey alone.