Trying to figure out what to do as a loved one faces the challenges of aging can be daunting and overwhelming. That’s why Edwards Group created Elder Care Advisors to help families make the best financial, legal, and care decisions possible. You don’t have to walk this journey alone, and an Elder Care Consultation is a great first step.
What happens at an Elder Care Consultation?
At an Elder Care Consultation with Elder Care Director, Melissa Coulter, you will:
- Discuss the needs of your aging loved one, and
- We will help you prioritize those needs.
What is an Elder Care Plan?
Our next step will be to develop a plan to get the care you or your loved one needs. As we develop your plan, we will:
- Assess basic legal documents and other legal needs (like Powers of Attorney, Last Will & Testament, etc.).
- Review income and assets to help determine the best way to protect assets (like the family home or farm) from the high cost of nursing home care.
- Determine if eligibility can be established through Illinois Medicaid or Veterans Assistance programs.
The Elder Care Consultation usually lasts about 60 minutes and costs $475; however, it is likely to save you tens of thousands of dollars, and will be applied to your Elder Care Plan should you decide to work with us. Many families find it provides immediate relief from the stress of struggling to address the challenges of aging on their own.
Here is what one client wrote after a particularly stressful illness of a parent:
“Melissa Coulter has been a godsend, and I don’t know what our family would have done without her. I really appreciate everything she has done for my parents. Edwards Group is lucky to have someone like her who has so much compassion and treats clients like they are family.”