Why is getting organized so much fun? Well, I should rephrase that. Getting organized is a lot of work. But BEING organized is fun. A while back Michelle and I went to the Container Store in St. Louis. Who would think there is a store with nothing but containers for storing things? And it’s fun to look around in there! The truth is:
- We like to be organized.
- We usually don’t get organized on our own.
- When we do get organized, it doesn’t take us long to slip back into disorganization.
You’ll be glad to hear we have discovered a fool proof method for organizing your financial life, and keeping it that way. Let us help you! There is no doubt that estate planning (as well as peace of mind and happy relationships) rest on good financial decisions and organization. Here is how we help clients in our Dynasty membership program:
- Store documents. We keep copies of deeds, bank statements, insurance policies, etc. for us to refer to, but also in case the client needs it.
- Identify Problems. We help clients identify problems in their financial life. A good estate plan will not accomplish much if the person’s wealth is poorly invested, incurring extra income taxes, exposed to risks, or confusing to deal with after their death.
- Summary Reports. Assets can be scattered everywhere, without any one report to pull them all together. We maintain updated client financial info, and send out an Asset Review Report on a regular basis, asking the client to review.
- Reminders. Asset titling and beneficiary designations may seem boring, but they are key to making an estate plan work. We regularly remind and teach our clients what to look for in coordinating their assets.
- Warranty. After a client has titled a new asset based on what they learned from us, they send us the written proof. We double check it to see if the asset is properly organized with their estate plan. If not, we help fix it. Once we give it our blessing, they can rest with peace of mind.
- Objective advice on important decisions. I don’t invest assets for clients or sell financial products. But I see firsthand the work of dozens of financial advisors as well as the results of our “do it yourself” clients. I am always glad to give feedback on my client’s financial or business decisions. Often, I support the good advice coming from the financial advisor, and help the client understand how it fits into the bigger picture. Once in a while, I protect a client who is being threatened by poor service or advice from another professional.
A great way to learn more about Edwards Group’s unique approach and what the Dynasty program can do for you, is to attend our Wills & Trusts: How to Get Started. Click here to see upcoming dates.